Dr. Angeles performs many different types of breast reduction surgeries for a wide variety of patients. The surgery can significantly ease the discomfort of patients and improve the proportionality of the breast to the body. Other benefits include improving the patient’s self-image and the ability to participate in activities.
The following could indicate a breast reduction procedure is right for you if you have:
- Back pain or other discomfort caused by heavy breasts
- Breasts that are out of proportion with the rest of the body
- Struggles with self-image
- Limitations during activities
MALE BREAST REDUCTION
Male breast reduction surgery reduces breast size by removing the excess fat, glandular tissue, or skin caused by gynecomastia. Surgery results in a flatter, more defined chest, and restores a more masculine chest contour.
The reduction procedure to correct gynecomastia is highly individualized to each patient. In some cases, breast enlargement is simply due to excess fat that is localized directly under or near the areola.
The following conditions could indicate a male breast reduction procedure is right for you if you have:
- Conditions that are incurable through alternative medical treatments
- A relatively stable weight
- Are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large
- Currently stabilized breast development
- No life-threatening diseases or medical conditions
For more information, reach out to Dr. Angeles and the Bend Plastic Surgery team.